Andrews PTA would like to THANK YOU for your support and interest in our Afterschool Programs this past year! Classes are only made possible by volunteers and members like YOU to coordinate and help during class times. Furthermore, 10% of your enrollment fees are donated back to Andrews PTA for additional programming by our generous vendors. We hope your children had lots of fun learning new skills together with their Andrews friends. We are excited to announce the following enrichment programs will also be returning for Fall 2019 with your continued support and volunteer efforts:
Arts & Crafts (Mondays, 2nd-5th)
Chess (Tues - Beginner/Int, K-5th)
DramaKids (Wed, K-5th)
Classical Dance - Bharatanatyam (Thurs, 1st-5th)
2019-20 REFLECTIONS CONTEST
ART CONTEST 2019 - 2020
Dear Andrews Students and Families,
It’s that time of year again, the National PTA Reflections Program has announced its theme for 2019-2020! For 50 years, this program has helped provide a great way for students in PreK through Grade 12 to engage the arts with their education by exploring their talents and expressing their creativity in 6 different art categories.
SUMMER IS A GOOD TIME TO START YOUR CREATIVE PROJECT - Students are to create original works of art based on this year’s theme “Look Within.”
Think about what you want to do! The following guiding questions can be useful when developing a project:
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
- In order to be eligible to participate in this program, the student or at least one person from their primary household must be a current member of the Local PTA, visit andrewspta.membershiptoolkit.com
- Fall submission dates for this contest will be announced in August
- For more information, participation and art category rules, entry form, and gallery of past winners, visit txpta.org/reflections and www.pta.org/reflections
Winning entries from our school can advance to the Council, then District, then State PTA levels for judging. Top entries from our State PTA advance for a final round of judging, with National PTA Reflections winners announced in May 2020.
Use this summer to ‘Look Within’ and incorporate your experiences to bring the program theme to life!
WORLD WEAR BIN
Did you know that the PTA has a clothing donation box outside of the school? It is located near the gym doors. If you find yourself cleaning out your closets for summer, please consider bringing your items to donate to our bin. The PTA does receive a percentage of the proceeds. (If the bin is full, please return another time so that items do not collect outside of the bin).
BOX TOP COLLECTING
We collect Box Tops!
If you see this symbol on items you purchase, please clip them and save them to send with your child when the new school year starts. Your child may enjoy helping your look for the tops and collecting them! Check the date on each one to make sure it is not EXPIRED.
Be sure to place them in a plastic ziploc bag when sending them in to prevent them from getting lost. Thank you!