WELCOME TO ANDREWS ELEMENTARY PTA
Thank you for your interest in the Andrews PTA. Members are the heart of the PTA. Your membership indicates your support for our students and our school. Each member counts and adds to our collective voice on behalf of our children.
Join us Today!
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 AND SCHOOL CLOSURES
To view the most recent COVID-19 district updates, visit https://www.pisd.edu/covid-19updates.
Other resources for information:
Andrews Elementary Website / Facebook / Twitter
- Closure Resources
- Webdesk for Students - With one click, Webdesk can sign you in to your online textbooks, digital academic resources & give you access to files at school or in the cloud.
Andrews PTA Facebook
Plano PTA Website / Facebook
Plano Library - Access their digital services
City of Plano Website / Twitter
PTA EXECUTIVE BOARD - OFFICERS FOR 2020-2021
We would like to thank the following individuals for their commitment to serve Andrews PTA in 2020-21.
- President - Molly Gilliland
- 1st VP Membership - Sangeetha Verkot
- 2nd VP Programs - Rachana Gairola
- 3rd VP Volunteers - Gabi Ortega
- 4th VP Ways & Means - Nicole Ritter
- Secretary - Alice Tan
- Treasurer - Jennifer Nicholson
Additionally, much appreciation to our our Standing Committee Chairs for agreeing to hold the following 2020-21 board positions:
- Hospitality Chair - Maria Goode
- Communications Chair - Pedro Ortega
2020 - 2021 PTA COMMITTEE - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Calling all parents/grandparents who are interested in being part of Andrews PTA as a committee member. Committee members are not expected to attend monthly board meetings. You will work with your board chair-person to plan/execute events.
Please see below details on each position or reach out to Molly Gilliland for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diversity Coordinator - Plans Multi Cultural Night
- STOP Coordinator - 5th grade parents only - Hold meetings and plan a couple events per year for 5th grade class community involvement
- Membership Toolkit Assistant - Learn the software the PTA uses to help Membership run reports
- Newcomer Outreach - Welcome new families and help them get involved in school/PTA
- Student Programming - Help with all those activities, seems like a lot but once planned you are done for year
- After School Programs Coordinator - Help come up with ideas and for next year find a coding company to come in
- Arts in Education - Plan 1-2 events at school to bring in an artist, author, theater or musical group
- Front Desk Coordinator - Send out sign up genius to parents to help Mrs Marsha at front desk
- Library Volunteer Coordinator - Send out sign up genius to parents to help in library
- Spirit Night - Work with restaurant 4 times per year to hold a Spirit Night
- Teacher Breakfast - Help Hospitality plan breakfast in August 2020 for our staff of 54
- Holiday Luncheon - Help Hospitality plan lunch in November 2020 for our staff of 54
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Help Hospitality plan and execute TAW 2021, need your ideas and crafty nature, any partnerships with companies
- Grade Level Coordinator - open
- 5th Grade Graduation coordinator - open
- 1st grade Room Parent - open
- 2nd grade Room Parent - open