PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality. One of the ways we support Andrews students reach their full potential is through continuing education.
Each year, Andrews PTA awards scholarships to eligible high school seniors. In keeping with our work in building strong family-school partnerships, our scholarship process focuses on the impact an applicant's family, teachers, and PTA have had on their goals to continue their education or training.
The scholarship awards are given during a Senior Reception / Social towards the end of the school year, where former Eagles have a chance to visit with old friends, teachers and staff.
Andrews Elementary PTA
Senior Scholarship 2021-22
Andrews Elementary PTA
Senior Scholarship 2020-21
The scholarship winner will be announced on May 15, 2021.
Unfortunately, our PTA is unable to hold a Senior Reception this year due to limits on the amount of people allowed to gather for an event. Thank you for understanding.
**NOTE: Application Deadline extended to April 30th
Senior Scholarship 2019-20
**NOTE: We understand some of you could not get transcripts due to school closure.
Deadline extended to April 30th.
Attention graduating seniors! Andrews Elementary would like to present one eligible student with a Senior Scholarship as a recognition of achievement. These scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 each on Thursday, April 30, 2020, during our annual Senior Reception Day at Andrews Elementary.
Please submit an essay, maximum of two pages, along with a recommendation letter and proof of current GPA, no later than Thursday, April 30th, 2020, to Andrews Elementary PTA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: PTA Senior Scholarship.
This year’s essay topic: “Some authorities believe that today's parents are not allowing their children to fail and depriving them of the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and learn how to be resilient. Do you agree? Tell us about a time that you failed and the lesson(s) that you learned from the experience. Would you go through it again, or would you opt to have been helped through the situation by someone older and wiser?”
- Shall be a Plano ISD graduating senior.
- Shall have a 3.0 GPA or better (as evidenced by submittal of a copy of your high school transcript or most recent report card)
- Shall have attended 5th grade at Andrews Elementary School, Plano, TX.
- Shall enlist in the military, enroll in an accredited 2- or 4- year college or university, or enroll in a vocational or technical institute in the summer of fall semester immediately following the applicant’s high school graduation. An acceptance letter or other verifiable confirmation will be required before the check can be released.
- Shall submit to the Andrews Elementary PTA one (1) letter of recommendation from a present or former teacher.
- Shall write and submit to the Andrews Elementary PTA a 1-2 page essay.
- Shall NOT have an immediate family member on the Andrews PTA Scholarship Committee.
President, Andrews Elementary PTA
Andrews PTA Awards
MARS (Men Are Really Super) Membership Award for having at least 50 men as members in 2021
2019-20 Golden Apple