What is the PTA?
The PTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. It is a powerful association than can advocate on behalf of children and educators at the local, state and national levels. PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families to advocate for all children.
Andrews PTA is about men and women working together toward a common goal: to create a better school and a better educational experience for our Andrews Eagles. We strive to create an atmosphere where teachers and staff can do their best work – and so can our children. There is so much more that can be done and we need your help. We look forward to meeting you!
Who can be a member?
PTA is a Parent Teacher Association where parents, grandparents, guardians, aunts, uncles, teachers, staff, and community members have a voice for our great school. Anyone can join PTA!
Andrews PTA membership costs $15 per person. $4.50 of that fee pays for your membership to the Texas PTA and the National PTA; the rest stays with Andrews PTA. Programs funded by Andrews PTA dues, donations and fundraisers include field trips, classroom parties, Multicultural Night, arts programs, grade level grants, extracurricular activities and teacher appreciation events, among others.
Becoming a member does not mean you automatically sign up to volunteer; it just means you support our group and believe in what we’re doing. Please sign-up or renew your membership for 2022-23 and help us do great things for Andrews Elementary!
Why Join the PTA?
PTA membership means joining a network of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools. PTA membership is different from volunteering.
Show you value your child’s education by joining the PTA:
The Children Benefit
- Research shows that participating in your child’s school and showing engagement helps them perform better academically.
- Your child may participate in After School programs, Reflections art contest and enjoy member-only deals like discounted school supply bundles.
- Your child may apply for a scholarship in 12th grade if they have attended 5th grade at Andrews Elementary School.
- Your membership helps pay for student programs, field trips and many other enriching activities for your child!
- Each member counts and adds to our collective voice on behalf of our children.
The School Benefits
- With schools facing challenges like shrinking budgets and lack of educational equity, PTA is more important than ever.
- Your membership helps pay for teacher resources, educational grants and teacher/staff appreciation events throughout the year.
- PTA performs support for teachers and staff, which in turn creates a positive and caring school atmosphere.
- Joining the PTA is one of the best ways to be “in the know” with what’s happening in Andrews.
- Get to know the teachers and staff better and make lifelong friends with other parents at the school!
- Only members have access to our online directory, so contacting fellow parents and students is so much easier.
It’s Good for YOU
- You have a voice in how the PTA prioritizes its goals and spends its resources. Only PTA members can vote and hold an Andrews PTA board position.
- Being a member has so many perks! You can save money on vacations and many retailers. Check out National PTA Member Offers and Texas PTA Member Perks.
- Socializing with other parents and doing good things for your child’s school is fun, healthy and rewarding!
Stay updated - subscribe to the PTA newsletter now!
Andrews PTA Awards
MARS (Men Are Really Super) Membership Award for having at least 50 men as members in 2021
2019-20 Golden Apple